Banana bread is a classic American dessert. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This homemade healthy snack is moist and delightful with a rich banana flavor and will help in boosting your energy throughout the day.
I put together an easy recipe that you should be able to make your own banana bread within an hour.
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted sutter
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a different bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Next, add in butter, sunflower oil and sugar in separate bowl. Whisk with an electronic mixture until the mixture turns light and fluffy.
- Then, add 2 eggs, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Finally, add in the sifted flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing just to combine after each addition.
- Toss 1 cup of your preference ingredients like: chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, sweet raisins or chocolate chips to this banana bread recipe. Mix it well before you place the batter into the loaf pan.
- Make sure to grease your loaf pan before you pour the batter so it can easily be remove from the pan after baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF for 60 minutes or until fully cooked. Cool completely before you cut it.
- If the center is still wet, loosely tent the loaf with foil and continue baking until the loaf is fully baked.