Pesto sauce, also known as Pesto Alla Genovese, is a classic Italian Basil sauce. It makes such a tasty base for your pasta sauce flavor. It is really creamy and ideal for a weekday dinner. Once you give this tantalizing Italian cuisine a try, it will quickly become one of your favorite meals.
8 oz of Pasta (of your choice)
6 Cups water
1 Tsp salt
2 Cups fresh basil leaves
1/4 Cup pine nuts
1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
Salt (to suit your taste)
- In a sizable pot of salted boiling water, prepare desired shape of pasta, as directed on the package, until the pasta is completely cooked.
- Save a portion of the starchy pasta water before draining the noodles.
- Drain and transfer the cooked pasta into a bowl. thoroughly coat the pasta in the pesto sauce. Add 1/4 cup of the reserved boiled pasta water to a mixing bowl and stir well.
In a food processor, combine all the pesto ingredients. As you begin combining the ingredients, pour the olive oil gradually and consistently. It might be necessary to pause, scrape, and blend the ingredients once more.
Give the seasoning a taste before deciding whether to add salt.
- Avoid blending the pesto sauce in the food processor for too long, as it could become bitter.
- In a mixing bowl while the pasta is still hot, combine the pesto sauce.
- DO NOT TOSS the pasta while still on the Stovetop.
- When pesto is exposed to the air for a prolonged period of time, it causes the pesto to darken.
Basil, grated Cheese and chopped pine nuts or walnuts make a tasty garnish for pesto pasta.