Pan seared lemon garlic butter scallops is the perfect appetizer or main course. Bursting with flavor, these scallops can pair nicely with rice or angel hair pasta and your favorite white wine. Your guest will continue to talk about this meal FOREVER.
1 pound sea scallops
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce:
2 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Before searing, firmly pat the scallops dry using paper towel to absorb all the moisture. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat until sizzling. When the pan is heated, add the scallops, spacing them apart and cooking them until golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip the scallops over. Continue cooking for another two minutes or until the scallop is firm. Scallops should be perfectly golden brown on all sides. Do not overcook.
- Take the scallops out of the sauté pan and transfer them to a platter.
- Lemon Garlic Butter: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan. Stir in the garlic and simmer for a few seconds. Pour in the wine then add the 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and simmer for 2 minutes, spoon the sauce over scallops
- Transfer scallops with the sauce into a plate and garnish with chopped parsley.