Jerry Edmond is a well-dressed and distinguished gentleman. This men’s fashion influencer has garnered much attention as he’s been able to promote some of today’s most influential and iconic brands.
He sat with Industry Rules to discuss the fashion career as an influencer.
AF: How have you been under the COVID-19 pandemic?
JE: The pandemic was extremely challenging for a number of reasons:
1. Limited access of locations to shoot for content for pre-existing contracts.
2. Unavailability of Photographers: I had just signed a contract with Social Club Seltzer to help with the launch campaign of the new beverage,
their parent company is Anheuser-Busch. The theme was to be outdoor fun activities such as sporting events, etc. The state of California and Los Angeles county had the most draconian lockdown measures in the country. Having to use my phone to create content in my kitchen was less than ideal.
3. During a recession, one of the first departments to get cut is marketing, which was even more flagrant in the fashion industry during the lockdown Proms, weddings, graduations, even funerals got cancelled.
AF: How did you become a men’s fashion influencer?
JE: I received my 1st opportunity to do print modeling way back when I was in college, mostly fitness related gigs. My love for clothing and high fashion naturally put me on my current path.
AF: What’s your most memorable photo shoot?
JE: I have two memorable photoshoots:
1. A shoot for a department store called Robinsons-May, because that was my 1st.
2. During the lockdown in 2020 I did a photoshoot with a very talented Photographer named Rich from Radical Snap/Radical Enterprise. Trying to coordinate the shoot was quite an ordeal because we were technically violating lockdown measures. We tried to shoot as early as possible, we met in the Marina by the water around 6am. I shot with a female model from Finland named Emilia who was extremely easy to work with. She’s my favorite “co-star”. I love collaborating with her.
AF: What daily routine do you use to keep in shape?
JE: That is such a hard question. It’s like asking me to choose between my right eye and my left eye. I love them both equally. You can’t can’t go wrong with either of the two, the materials they use are simply top notch, the fabrics they use are so refined, they make love to their skin. Tom Ford is more hip, slim fit, designed for men who are on the slimmer side.
AF: What advice would you give to someone who’s looking to get into the industry?
JE: My advice for everyone who wants to be in this industry is to remember it doesn’t happen overnight, and what took years to build can evaporate within seconds.
You can continue to follow Jerry’s via instagram @TheRealJerryEdmond.